Detox water recipe

anasofiachic, lifestyle blogger, british blogger, makeup blogger, beauty blogger, detox water, infused water, fruit water, recipe, diy detox water, flavoured water, diy, cucumber, mint, lemon

Lo and behold, the ultimate Detox Water! This is my go to
drink for those days where I’m feeling of a particularly sluggish disposition.
This infused water is not only the perfect perk me up in the early morning, but
is especially great to consume a week before a special event to help flush the
body from any vile toxins, as well as to help de-bloat and help get rid of that
two-month looking baby belly! As the old saying goes, beauty starts from within
so it is important to nurture the body with plenty of nutrients and vitamins,
to enjoy the benefits of feeling and looking healthy – naturally good skin,
glossy hair and strong nails, all begin with your diet.

Staying hydrated is crucial, 8 glasses of water a day is an
absolute must! I am an avid water drinker, but sometimes plain water can tend
to get boring. However, by adding a few extra ingredients to your water it will
not only add a burst of flavour, but will also provide the all essential
vitamins and minerals to help detoxify the body (it can also aid with
weight-loss!).

The magic ingredients are:

Lemon– the citric acid promotes healthy digestion, boosts the
immune system and helps to cleanse and alkalize the body.

Mint– aids in digestion, and helps to settle the stomach.

Cucumber– helps to hydrate the body and has anti-inflammatory
properties.

Recipe:

Add wedges of lemon, slices of cucumber and a handful of mint
leaves into a jug/ bottle of water (add more of the ingredients for a more full-bodied
flavour, or alternatively more water to weaken the concentration). Finish off
with some ice for a refreshing finish! It’s super yummy!

Please remember that each time you refill your jug/ bottle, the
fruit will dilute and it will subsequently lose a great part of its nutrients
and vitamins.I would recommend to refill the container two or three times at
most, before disposing of the used ingredients and adding some fresh ones. Also,
make sure to keep the water for no longer than 48 hours, and refrigerated at all
times.

What are your thoughts on today’s post? Will you be trying this recipe?

Lots of love, Ana

Follow:  BLOGLOVIN’ | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST

Share:

20 Comments

1. November 26, 2015 / 6:04 pm

I've tried lemon in my water before but haven't added cucumber or mint yet. Must try it asap especially sine it's a natural way to detox x

Beauty with charm | AVENE GIVEAWAY

2. November 26, 2015 / 7:37 pm

This is an excellent suggestion!
    I've also heard that dandelion tea/cranberry juice/lemon juice is an excellent detoxifying combination!

-Alex
    A Northern Light

3. November 27, 2015 / 1:20 am

This looks refreshing ♥

summerdaisy.net

4. November 27, 2015 / 7:11 am

I used to drink lemon water all the time but stopped because I got bored of the lemony flavour. I think adding cucumber and mint might change it up a little. Going to give detox water another go.

5. November 27, 2015 / 12:41 pm

Great post! I love drinkig detox waters, my favorite ingrediend is for sure lemon:)
    xx
    SASHA

6. November 30, 2015 / 4:37 pm

This sounds delicious, I love the taste of cucumber in water! I definitely need to try it this week just to start off with my healthier resolutions! Great recipe! xo

My Lovelier Days

7. December 1, 2015 / 4:40 am

I've never tried making detox water, though the recipe sounds easy and the benefits are great! I love your photos too, they're so airy and summery!

Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

8. December 1, 2015 / 10:04 am

This detox water sounds amazing. Not only is it refreshing, hydrating, and healthy, but it also looks so pretty, which for bloggers like us, is definitely a plus.

Rae | Love from Berlin

9. December 1, 2015 / 11:19 pm

This sounds great, but unfortunately I'm gonna be sticking to veggies this Xmas as I've lost loads of weight and my specialist is not very happy with my diet…

Pop over to my blog!

Sarah

10. December 3, 2015 / 6:11 am

I really love drinking lemon water and cucumber water! It's so refreshing and delicious. I haven't tried mint yet. I like drinking peppermint tea, is it similar?
    Great post!