lovelies, I hope you are all well!
have become so oblivious of the latest beauty trends and makeup releases, that
when I stepped into Boots the other day, it felt like I was walking into Narnia
– it was a whole new different world waiting to be explored! I went a teeny
tiny bit overboard and stocked up on products to last me a year –some are still
being tried and tested, but will be reviewed in a future post.
post I have decided to share a couple of products that I have recently been
using in constant rotation (pretty much on a daily basis). I will be jetting
off on holiday to Portugal in a few weeks’ time, and these babies’ will
definitely be coming along with me on my trip – I would honestly struggle to go
without some of my newly found holy grails!
1. Avene Eau Thermal Water – HERE: Enriched with soothing and softening properties, this spray is the perfect pick me up when I am feeling extra fatigued. I like to spritz my face first thing in the morning, and gently wipe away any impurities with a cotton pad – I find that washing my face in the morning irritates my skin, so I leave the harsh cleansing for my night time routine. This wonder water helps to mitigate any redness and alleviate any angry breakouts, which my sensitive skin is incredibly prone to.
Not only that, but the Avene water also acts as a fantastic makeup setting spray, almost rivalling my beloved Urban Decay spray which I have stayed faithful to for many months!
2. L’oreal Infallible Mega Gloss in “Mafia Gloss” – HERE: Argh, this colour gives me life – it is to die for! It’s a
gorgeous, vibrant coral/pink gloss, which, although very thick in texture, does
not feel tacky or sticky whatsoever. The colour is super pigmented and so with
just one sweep across the lips, it is enough to provide a uniform layer of colour.
On the occasion that I want to go for a subtler look, I use my ring finger to
dab a hint of gloss over the lips and the result is a natural flush of colour.
3. BarryM Strobing Strick – HERE: There has been a massive hype behind the concept of strobing, but I have never been an avid user of highlighter as I have always found them to look almost grey-ish on my skintone – perhaps I have just never found the right one…Until recently that is!
This stick has been an absolute makeup game changer – I dot the cream around my cheek bones, temples, nose bridge and cupid bow, and dab it with my makeup sponge to blend it evenly onto my skin. I am instantly transformed from Dull Doris to a radiant and glowing JLo clone (ha, a girl can try!).
4. La Roche- Posay SPF
50+ – HERE: My go to not just for the summer months, but all year around. In
comparison to many other sunscreens, this formula does not leave a greasy film
after application, or leave any white traces. It also provides a great base for
makeup, making the whole application seamless.
5. L’Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray – HERE: I have been using this hairspray for years and years, it was passed on from
my mother! I have never found another hairspray that can bear even close to a
comparison to this one- it is an absolute must have!
6. Revlon Volume and Length Mascara – HERE: Being in a work environment where I am constantly running back and forth and
interacting with different people, it is imperative for me to wear makeup that
will maintain its longevity throughout the duration of the day. I was looking
for a waterproof mascara that would be sweat-proof and smudge resistant, so
decided to opt for this one by Revlon, not having tried it ever before – and I am
happy to report that it did not disappoint! It provides length, thickness and
volume, and it doesn’t flake even after a laborious day of work.
What did you think of today’s post? Please share some of your favourite beauty products!
Lots of love, Ana