This look was very effortlessly put together, perfect for those rushed afternoons where you have to hop from one place to the next, with very limited time to get ready. The beauty of an oversized jumper is that you can go from slouching around the house (for those snugly days in bed where all you want to do is catch up with your favourite Netflix series – side note, who’s up to date with Stranger Things?!), to instantly dressed up with only a couple of accessories!
For today’s look, I combined this beautiful blush toned jumper dress with a pair of statement over the knee leather booties, which gives the perfect edge of sexiness to this very cuddly jumper. The two are an unexpected match, but they work very well – the jumper dresses down the boots, while the boots dresses up the jumper, creating the perfect balance. I love how this chunky, swallow-you-whole jumper falls perfectly just over my shoulder for a cute, casual look. And the best part? The jumper is huge. so no one will be able to tell if you’re wearing a bra underneath, #FreeTheNip!
I finished off the look with an oversized handbag and a simple white gold necklace.
This outfit is great for a house party, casual drinks with friends at a bar or any other laid-back event this season. Thoughts?
Here are a few more tips on how to style an oversized jumper this season, without looking too casual:
- It’s all about keeping it simple! Pair an oversized jumper with denim jeans, ankle boots and a fedora had. Tres chic!
- If you find that a jumper is not quite long enough to be worn on its own, wear it over a slip dress. Bonus points if it has a lace trim, for the perfect touch of glam.
- Can’t find the perfect oversized jumper? Buy a jumper 2 -3 sizes larger than your usual dress size, and you’re good to go!
- Just imagine – a big jumper, a chunky scarf, leggings and knee high boots – the perfect outfit for this season.
- For a boho vibe, layer your oversized knit on top of a flowy maxi dress. Add a bunch of statement gold bangles to complete the look.
- Wear thigh high boots that go up as far as possible for an oversized jumper that is slightly on the shorter size.
What did you think of today’s OOTD? How would you style an oversized jumper? Let me know in the comment box bellow!